Have you ever wanted to learn how to use an espresso machine to a professional standard? Want to pour that perfect tulip at home?
Here at Podda & Wren, we run a completely tailored barista course at our Kendal roastery, based on your needs and experience, completely adapted to either your home set-up, or your workplace.
This course will take roughly 2 to 3 hours, depending on experience and quantity of people on the course, a 1-1 will take a closer to 2 hours than 3 hours.
We will include the following sections on each course:
- Espresso Machine linguistics; the who, what, where, why?
- How to make the perfect espresso, dialling in a grinder and troubleshooting.
- Steaming milk for all the classic drinks and specialised details, what is a macchiato? Why would you make an espresso Vs. ristretto?
- A section on pouring 'latte art', how to pour the perfect heart, tulip and rosett - with a small amount of time working on free-pouring.
- Finally, a clean down of your machine and what you will ideally need to keep it in tip-top condition.
A maximum of four people per course can book in.
Each participant will include a free 250g bag of our Brazil - Bom Jesus.